Job Alert : Dartmouth Store Manager
We have a rare opportunity to join our team as the Dartmouth Store Manager. This is an immediate role, with induction and training provided. You will be responsible and manage the day-to-day operations of this gallery and store.
You will need to have proven gallery and/or retail experience to get through to interview stage and you should be independent and able to thrive working alone - as a small business, the Store Manager at each store works alone with remote support from the founders.
"It’s a complete joy to work at Bert & Buoy. My role is completely varied which makes it super fun, interesting and exciting. I’m proudly enthusiastic about our brand and passionate about the art and products I sell. I’m always made to feel really appreciated, trusted and respected. It’s really lovely to be part of such a small yet dynamic team, I feel very honoured!"
Hannah, Salcombe Store Manager
Want this role? Make sure you tick all of the boxes below and then apply either on the job website Indeed or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a summary of your experience and why you’d LOVE this role at Bert & Buoy! We can't wait to hear from you and FYI our process is in-person or remote video interviews with very flexible times (after work always fine!) before meeting you face-to-face and hopefully saying... yay!
- You’ll be an ambassador of the Bert & Buoy brand. We're a friendly bunch who love what we do! Being a naturally positive, charismatic and chatty person is the perfect fit for this role. You’ll need to able to learn and confidently recall our story, collaborations, products, and latest news to everyone who visits our store - with a high capability to upsell.
- We all have some kind of passion for art, creativity, design, homeware and interiors. You should be able to tell us all about your passion at the interview stage - whether it is from studying, a general love for art/interiors, designing your home, making or crafting - whatever goes!
- We're motivated and "on it" every single day. We care about the success and sustainability of our small business. We know that delivering high standards, being super organised and diligent multitaskers are must have skills here! You’ll run the Dartmouth store, using and adapting our processes and checklists to deliver a smooth and excellent experience.
- We often receive lovely unprompted compliments about our team - our aim is to always offer "concierge" customer service. You need to be a confident, friendly and charming salesperson, able to recall detailed knowledge on a whim. You’ll be keen to up-sell and cross-sell to hit weekly store targets. You’ll also confidently serve customers at the till - handling transactions including card, Apple Pay and gift cards - and problem solving on your feet.
- You’ll receive and manage deliveries from our makers and suppliers. You’ll also manage the Dartmouth store stock room: meticulously storing each product, checking inventory levels, undertaking stock takes, and reporting back to the founders as needed. You should also be able to manage store displays, doing switch arounds and windows to an agreed plan.
- You’ll play a core part of our online order business by picking, packing, processing and dispatching parcels each day via our Royal Mail Business Account. You will use our digital systems to fulfil each order and dispatch using a daily store collection service. A high level of care and attention to detail is a must-have talent!
- Our team is digitally savvy - able to confidently use emails, iPad/mobile devices, Shopify till system and GDrive applications (akin to Word and Excel) without support.
- Each team member contributes to the wider business - it's a perk of being in a small team - whether it be at our photo/video shoots, writing blogs, supporting events, getting involved with social media content, creating window displays, pitching new ideas or doing some R&D.
- Everyone is welcome at Bert & Buoy - we are an equal opportunities employer. The role does involve high levels of energy - you're on your feet all day - and some lifting each day to manage inventory.
- This role is a minimum of 4 days a week at our Dartmouth store - with the opportunity for extended hours and more shifts during peak times, for example, the summer holidays.
- If you are willing and able to travel and work at our Salcombe store too - this will be seen as a bonus, but it is not essential.
- We open 10am to 5.30pm daily and we share out weekends and public holidays as fairly as possible across our team. We advocate the real Living Wage and love to reward our team, as you grow and do amazing things!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 32-40 per week
Salary: £11.00-£11.95 per hour
Benefits: Casual dress | Events | Pension | Store discount | Mentoring
Application deadline: 30/04/2023